When deciding on a yarn for baby items, you usually make sure to choose a yarn that will be soft and cozy against their skin and that is machine washable. Acrylic knitwear is a nice choice.
Acrylic Fiber Characteristics
- Outstanding wickability & quick drying to move moisture from body surface
- Flexible aesthetics for wool-like, cotton-like, or blended appearance
- Easily washed, retains shape
- Resistant to moths, oil, and chemicals
- Dyeable to bright shades with excellent fastness
- Superior resistance to sunlight degradation
General Acrylic Fiber Care Tips
- Wash delicate items by hand in warm water. Static electricity may be reduced by using a fabric softener in every third or fourth washing. Gently squeeze out water, smooth or shake out garment and let dry on a non-rust hanger. (Sweaters, however, should be dried flat.)
- When machine washing, use warm water and add a fabric softener during the final rinse cycle.
- Machine dry at a low-temperature setting. Remove garments from the dryer as soon as tumbling cycle is completed.
- If ironing is required, use a moderately warm iron. (For specific instructions, refer to garment’s sewn-in care label.)